I thought it would be nice to post some overview articles of significant research in economic growth.
- Culture, Entrepreneurship, and Growth. Doepke and Zilibotti
- Trust, Growth, and Well-Being, Algann and Cahuc
- Long-term Barriers to Economic Development, Spolaore and Wacziarg
- Family Ties, Alesina and Giuliano
- The Industrial Revolution, Clark
- Twentieth-Century Growth, Crafts and O'Rourke
- Historical Development, Nunn
- Institutions and Economic Growth in Historical Perspective, Ogilvie and Carus
- What Do We Learn from Schumpeterian Growth Theory? Aghion, Akcigit, and Howitt
- Technology Diffusion: Measurement, Causes, and Consequences, Comin and Mestieri
- Health and Economic Growth, Weil
- Regional Growth and Regional Decline, Breinlich, Ottaviano, and Temple
- The Growth of Cities, Duranton and Puga
- Growth and Structural Transformation, Herrendorf, Rogerson, and Valentinyi
- The Chinese Growth Miracle, Yang Yao
- Growth From Globalization? A View from the Very Long Run, Meissner
If I were an enterprising publisher, I would go find some editors. Maybe Philippe Aghion and Steven Durlauf, just to throw some names off the top of my head. I'd have them put these together into a nice volume. Oh, wait...
Quick update: I posted this list under the "Papers" page on this site if you want a more permanent place to find them.
More updates: Thanks to Pseudoerasmus for the links on the Yao and Meissner papers.